WU KWANG TYNG
HSUEH CHENG LUEN
WANG YI HAN
CHEN JUN AN
HSUEH CHIH YANG
FENG HSING YA
Interconnection of contiguous village is forming a network. With the diversity of small-scale core developments and through the linking of transportation system, these contiguous villages can enlarge their superiorities and characteristics evolving into a new village network lifestyle. To improve the rural network life circle, each villages have to enhance its characteristic and linkage in between each others continuously.
We don’t need various extensive development project, but try to keep the original lifestyle and development the rural areas in more “resilience” way. From lifestyle to industries, everything is close to water in the Xinxing harbor village- surrounding by sea and river.
For the global issues, we raise more resilience village design to the life circle. when resisting to the natural threat, they may have the ability to prevent, and further sustainable development. By strengthening the relation to the water, which can improving the village resilience. Instead, be more able to face the flood disaster.
Main infrastructures are disbursed in 2 main areas, which we call ”water line”. The expansion and compression of the water can be recreated into the site by the established of this 2 water lines. They will influence the future development of the village shape. 2 water lines provide different infrastructures and spaces design, to responding the resident’s daily life and unexpectedly emergency. The water line dosen’t have clear boundary and changing continually, just like the ambiguous relation between the people and water.
Water Line- sea:
1. Multiple activities with the matching of the tidal variation .
2. Mangroves: grow in the outfalls of sewage system, reduce storm surges, wind and swell waves.
3. Wave energy converter: capturing tides and currents flow energy
4. Offshore sea water fishery line: multiple composition of floating platform
5. coastline activity: fishing work and leisure
Water Line- stream:
1. The small scale of the social communities and the intimacy of the water.
2. A water channel connecting with the greens.
3. The old drainage system combined with the new ecological sewage system. Re-calmed water will discharge raw into it.
4. The floating platform: a pathway connecting the facilities
5. Public facilities/refugee: seafood producers’ cooperatives, community center, elementary school and library.
Additional water line:
1. The original wetland: an ecological sewage system combined with the original wetland
2. Small scale ecological ponds: the disaster reservoir in the storm
We consider the village as the extension of the intertidal zone, setting variety layers for the landscape. In the different hours, water will create distinct spaces and types of activities.